Have you ever thought about how you can make your trash useful? Yes, there are many ways in which you can make your garbage purposeful and to good use and also save costs.
1. Egg Cartons
You usually throw away the egg cartons but it can be used to plant little seedlings. Egg cartons are biodegradable and therefore is a great alternative to plant seeds.
2. Used Coffee Grounds
Dry your coffee grounds after use and then put it in your dish cleaner as it acts as an excellent cleaner for stubborn dishes.
3. Glass Jars
Empty glass jar bottles with lids are a great way to store your spices and herbs as this will save a lot of cost of buying jars. Also if the kids are broken or lost, these jars can be decorated and converted into stationary and makeup holders or even can be used to plant seeds.
4. Egg Shells
- Eggshells act as a great fertilizer and can be planted in the soil to start seedlings.
- Wastes of vegetables and fruits and poultry
- The wastes and cuttings of fruits can be used as birds’ food.
- The cuttings and seeds can also be used to plant small fruits in your yard.
- The vegetable peels can be washed and used to make healthy vegetable stock.
- The bones of chicken can be used to make chicken soup and stock.
- You can use the vegetable tops to plant in the soil and grow your own vegetables. You can check DIY ways to plant using the internet and also to search which climate is best for which vegetables.
- Banana peels work as a great teeth whitening agent. Also can be used as excellent shoe shiners.
- Orange and lemon peels can be dried, frozen and then powdered to use as lemon or orange zest for seasonings.
5. Milk Gallons
Plastic milk gallons can be used to water your plants and soil.
6. Silica Gel
Silica gel packs can be used to store in your winter clothes, your drawers full of important files and papers as it soaks up the moisture.
7. Tea Bags
Used tea bags should be cooled in the fridge and can be used on the eyes to remove puffiness and dark circles. Also these tea bags can be put on small burns and insect bites to soothe the skin and reduce inflammation.
Old clothes in not usable condition can be cut into pieces and be used as cleaning cloths or for protection or covering of your expensive stuff or furniture. Old teachers and other clothes can be cut into strips and can be knitted or knotted into small colorful rugs or mats.
9. Grocery Bags
Plastic grocery bags can be washed and reused. Also, they come in really handy to collect garbage in the car or can be used as gloves to pick up something dirty.
10. Old CDs
It can be made into ornaments for Christmas hangings or can also be painted and converted into tea coasters.
On the other hand, if there is junk in your house that is not usable, you can let a trash removal West Palm Beach service haul it away.
The cost of the most Broward junk removal services is quite low, however, you can contact them for exact quotes.
These were some of the best uses of your garbage. See which one you can utilize and help the environment and your own costs.